- As an IT Manager, managed or was accountable for health care projects up to 10 million dollars, hired and managed a staff of 22, performed annual reviews, planned and oversaw the employee performance process, hired and trained new Employees and acted as a health care industry Expert, on other internal projects from both a business requirements and architectural perspective.
- Acting as Project Manager, managed the renovation of the BlueCard ITS system including transaction expansion and migration of databases to new schemas. The project team consisted of 4 project leads, approximately 40 Developers, Testers and infrastructure support staff.
- Managed initial implementation and also subsequent releases of Inter-Plan customer service application (Blue2). This application utilizes Web-sphere, WSDL, Data-power, Java and MQ series technology. The effort included creation of software service components to Membership and imaging systems for attachment and claims status information using HIPAA formats. Assisted in hiring staff, updating help desk support work-flows, defining new security and service level agreements.
- Accountable for implementation of Blue Plan mandated HIPAA requirements across BBSMN applications to meet Blue Cross Association mandates as applicable to the ITS systems. These included real time claims status (HIPAA 276/277 formats), membership and eligibility (HIPAA 270/271) and most recently line and dollar amount field expansion
- Managed 8.5M project, migrating ITS databases from IMS/VSAM to DB2. As part of the effort, led workgroup to define architecture standards around DB2 package sets and collections, to make them reusable for test environments and compatible with configuration management systems &ndash (i.e.Endevor). This project also included migration of CICS &ldquogreen screen&rdquo applications to browser based clients operating in an intranet setting.
- Managed the ITS portions of a 10 million dollar project to comply with HIPAA standards re-writing the BCBSMN claims intake systems. This work involved migration from CICS mainframe to distributed environment to utilize PEGA, VITRIA and Informatics platforms.
As Technical representation for BCBSMN, participated on work groups in creating or enhancing infrastructure support systems.