Account Executive, EXPRESS SCRIPTS, INC., Health Plan Division 2010 - 2017
Responsible for developing the Anthem client relationship and strategic plans for PBM services for 3 million Commercial (ASO & FI) members. Collaborated to implement 10-year, $5 billion PBM contract. Partnered with internal departments for implementation, maintenance, communication and delivery of client performance. Led annual and multi-year client renewal efforts for National and Local accounts.
- Customer expansion---initiated annual strategic plans, delivered long-term strategies to secure client renewals and implement program upsells. Increased annual Home Delivery penetration from 9% to 20%, increasing home delivery margin and member adherence.
- Created Performance Guarantee (PG) processes for Anthem. Developed roadmap to quantify over 100 unique PG metrics that required monthly, quarterly and annual monitoring. Led internal effort with functional leaders and subject matter experts to track, report and meet each PG. Minimized payout to less than 10% of allocation.
- Developed Federal and State compliance reporting to ensure standards were met. Trained and directed Compliance team to roll out to Anthem and provide reports.
- Created best practices for Anthem PBM Prior Authorization (PA) process. Led meetings to determine which PA&rsquos should be processed by ESI or Anthem. Established custom PA process and custom reports. Resulted in decreased processing time and PA Queue by 50%.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams to create and automate client reports. Resulted in increased efficiency: reports provided 10 times faster, resulting in significant time savings.
Account Manager, EXPRESS SCRIPTS, INC., Commercial Division 2004 &ndash 2010
Led Commercial book consisting of 20 National and Local clients with 500k lives. Provided consultative, innovative strategies to secure renewals, review trends and upsell products, resulting in 98% client retention and renewal YOY. Sold Exclusive Specialty to 20k group, delivered hundreds of annual prescriptions. Oversaw Vaccine program sale to 15k group.
- Collaborated to provide clinical PBM strategy, formulary oversight and plan administration to ensure satisfaction, profitability and renewal.Consultative resourcing led to renewal and Home Delivery upsell for Dr. Pepper Snapple Group, resulting in 20k life multi-year renewal and 4k annual home delivery prescriptions, delivering continuous incremental margin.
- Utilized consultative listening during implementation of CitiGroup. Coordinated benefit setup, initiated benefit fair staffing (30+ sessions), led implementation meetings. Received Kudos Award from CitiGroup Human Resource Vice President for cohesive implementation.
- Innovative strategies with Dr. Pepper solidified trusted advisor relationship, leading to referrals, bids, finalist participation and securing new 45k life client.
Business Planning Manager, EXPRESS SCRIPTS, INC., Commercial Division 2003
Created department training modules and conducted system training for Account Manager & Executive team certification program. Initiated divisional lives and client renewal reporting.
National Account Executive, JOSTENS, INC. 1998 - 2002
Sold time and performance-based award programs to Fortune 1000 National Accounts. Sold multi-year Service Award program to Quebecor, 40k life group utilizing consultative solutioning. Secured 3-year contract for points-based program for Sprint, generating > $2 million annually.
Bachelor of Science Business Management, St. John&rsquos University, Collegeville, MN
Master of Business Administration, Marketing, St. Thomas University, St. Paul, MN
Volunteer: Chanhassen Chaska Football Association Commissioner Chanhassen Basketball Association Treasurer St. Victoria Catholic Church &mdashMen Building Bridges: Leader & MC
- Received Legend Award for delivering long-lasting improvements.Created web-based Award infrastructure to decrease costs, increase sales and speed to market- 10x faster.
- Provided strategic planning and product training for service recovery efforts for Bayer. Leveraged resources, capabilities and relationships to secure 30k life renewal.
Account Manager/Account Executive, CARLSON MARKETING GROUP 1994 &ndash 1998
Responsible for six Account Managers and indirect staff of 45 CSR&rsquos with $11M marketing budget. Managed client relationship, member enrollment process, member and dealer catalogs/award statements, award redemption and customer service team.
- Managed vendor relationships, secured redemption product offers and approved fulfillment procedures for checks and merchandise, processing more than $10 million annually.
- Accountable for start-up of consumer loyalty program for Visa members and banks. Staffed and trained paperless call center with twelve direct report and 200 employees.
- Received Applause Award for successful launch of Service Center for meeting aggressive deadlines for facility setup and customer service representative hiring, staffing and training.
- Date: August 1 2019
- Location: Victoria, MN