Notifications Disabled 0 | 729
- Develop partnerships and initiatives with youth community groups (e.g. Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts), provide curriculum development, program scheduling, contracts, training support staff and evaluation.
- Build relationships within the University to support content development and the museum&rsquos mission of bringing scientific research to the larger public.
- Manage all STEM/STEAM based youth and family program content and initiatives (e.g. camps, Saturday with a Scientist, days/festivals, scout programs, story-time, birthday parties, and special events).
- Develop a suite of summer camp and school-year camp programs covering a wide range of sciences for K &ndash 8 that serves over 800 youth annually in conjunction with the Youth and Family Programs Coordinator. In addition, oversee the curriculum development process of new and existing camp programs.
- Lead the development of content/themes and program structure for days/festivals in collaboration with program team members.
- Hire, train and supervise the Youth and Family Programs Coordinator.
- Hire, train and supervise University student staff on an annual/on-going basis for the delivery of summer camps/school break camps, birthday parties, scouting programs, story time programs, festivals and Saturday with a Scientist. Additionally, schedule staff on as needed, monthly basis.
- Oversee and work closely with Youth and Family Programs Coordinator in the hiring, training, supervision and evaluation of camp staff which includes summer camp coordinators, summer camp leaders (temporary positions no more than 67 days), summer camp assistants and volunteers.
- Work with the Volunteer Coordinator to develop position descriptions for Youth and Family programs such as festivals, Saturday with a Scientist, summer camps and additional special events. In addition, train, supervise and evaluate youth and family volunteers.Oversee the development of position descriptions for all seasonal camp staff positions (e.g. assistant coordinator, leaders, assistants and volunteers).
- Oversee the development of new and existing summer camp training manual/materials, policies and procedures.
- Manage/track youth and family program budget expenses and revenue.
- Develop grant proposals and provide content for marketing materials.
- Be responsible for the safety and well being of our summer campers and keep their guardians informed
- Coordinated camp scholarship program.
- Was a mandated reporter.
- Followed Safety of Minors Policy at the University of Minnesota.
- Certified in First Aid and CPR/AED