Ronald McDonald House Charities, Upper Midwest (RMHC-UM) in partnership with our community, provides a comfortable and caring home-away-from-home that supports keeping families together and reduces stress during a child&rsquos serious illness or injury. RMHC-UM operates five locations in Minnesota---four in the Twin Cities and one in Duluth serving over 6,700 families a year, providing 76 overnight rooms, meals, and activities for families with kids facing a medical crisis.
The Volunteer Engagement Coordinator operates as part of a team in the management and operation of community engagement and volunteerism at Ronald McDonald House Charities, Upper Midwest. The Volunteer Engagement Coordinator will work cooperatively with all RMHC-UM departments to ensure that organizational needs are met and that volunteers have an excellent experience. The Volunteer Engagement Coordinator will support the day-to-day operation of the volunteer opportunities including recruitment, scheduling, and overall stewardship of volunteers participating in our programs. This position works as part of a team in advancing the community engagement efforts of the organization in the community and in the cultivation of volunteers as donors.
- Coordinate Volunteer Programs & Opportunities
- Coordinates day-to-day operations for group and individual volunteer programs, including the recruitment, scheduling, and details of the event. Includes high volume of phone and email communication as the lead intake contact point across all five RMHC-UM sites.
- Work with staff across all departments and sites to ensure successful program execution.
- Coordinate Cooks for Kids program support across all five locations, including scheduling, managing stewardship with groups and staff, ensuring accurate monthly reporting.
- Serve as the stewardship lead for Cooks for Kids program.
- Assists with creating and maintaining internal practices and procedures for staff requests for group volunteers within the organization.
- Greet and check in volunteers at the Oak Street location, provide tours, and follow up with group leads after their volunteer experience.
- Train hospital site staff on VolunteerHub software and Cooks for Kids communication practices.
- Work with other team members to assess the effectiveness of volunteer services efforts. Assist with implementation of surveys and evaluations to staff and volunteers and make recommendations for programmatic changes.
- Manage, Support, and Recognize Volunteers
- Communicates, engages, and inspires the existing volunteer core by building strong professional relationships and creating a welcoming environment daily.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of all volunteer recognition activities including the annual volunteer recognition event/efforts.
- Works with other department members to create a monthly volunteer e-newsletter.
- Data Management
- Ensures that volunteer data is accurately managed, updated, and entered in VolunteerHub and Raiser&rsquos Edge.
- Run monthly reports on volunteer fill rates, work with Volunteer Program Manager to execute recruitment strategies.
Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are generally Monday through Friday (9 to 5) but may include occasional evening and weekend shifts.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Associate or bachelor&rsquos degree preferred
- Experience working or volunteering with a non-profit organization
- Experience with recruitment of volunteers and launching new volunteer initiatives
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Raiser&rsquos Edge or VolunteerHub experience preferred
Competencies and Skills
- Excellent verbal (phone and in person) and written (email) communication
- Positive, enthusiastic, self-starter who demonstrates the highest standards of attention to detail and commitment to follow through
- Warm, compassionate, and friend individual who possesses excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to take initiative and persevere through difficult situations can do attitude and willingness to jump in as needed
- Relate to people of diverse ages and backgrounds
- Able to manage details, organize, prioritize in a fluid environment
- Able to maintain appropriate professional boundaries with families and volunteers
- Must maintain confidentiality according to HIPAA and other relevant privacy regulations
- Operate as a team player and able to work effectively with all employees and constituents of RMHC-UM
- Coordinate, execute, and manage all details of an event
- Valid driver&rsquos license
- Able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to bend, lift, stretch, and climb
- Wear a mask onsite, wash hands frequently, monitor body temperature, and risk of illness each day.
Ronald McDonald House Charities, Upper Midwest is an equal opportunity employer and at will employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, RMHC-UM takes affirmative action to ensure that employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics.
- Account EMail:
- Open: Tue, Sep 21st 2021
- Close: Sat, Nov 20th 2021
- Location: 818 Fulton Street SE Minneapolis, MN. 55414
- Job ID: 3733
- Eduction: Associates