Ronald McDonald House Charities, Upper Midwest (RMHC-UM) in partnership with our community, provides a comfortable and caring home-away-from-home that supports keeping families together and reduces stress during a child&rsquos serious illness or injury. RMHC-UM operates five locations in Minnesota---four in the Twin Cities and one in Duluth serving over 6,700 families a year, providing 76 overnight rooms, meals, and activities for families with kids facing a medical crisis.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are generally Monday through Friday but may include evenings and weekends due to special events.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Four-year degree or related work experience preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office and its associated programs
- Experience working with relational databases
- Experience with Raiser's Edge Preferred
Competencies and Skills
- Professional, positive demeanor
- Strong customer service skills
- Self-starter with high tolerance for multi-tasking and interruptions
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to maintain appropriate professional boundaries with families and volunteers
- Ability to maintain confidentiality according to HIPAA and other relevant privacy regulations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Operates as a team player and able to work effectively with all employees and constituents of RMHC-UM
- Ability to take initiative and persevere through difficult situations
- Ability to manage details, organize, prioritize in a fluid environment
- Compassion and the ability to work with families facing a health crisis or loss of a child
- Occasionally load and unload carts and stock shelves
- Perform cleaning tasks when needed
- Frequently move about to provide tours to families, volunteers, donors, and hospital partners
- Wear a mask onsite, wash hands frequently, monitor body temperature, and risk of illness each day
Ronald McDonald House Charities, Upper Midwest is an equal opportunity employer and at will employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, RMHC-UM takes affirmative action to ensure that employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics.
- Account EMail:
- Open: Fri, Aug 6th 2021
- Close: Sun, Sep 5th 2021
- Location: 818 Fulton Street SE Minneapolis, US. 55414
- Job ID: 3722
- Eduction: High School