Location does not match your settings. (IL).
Your state: US, post is from IL, Addison
Amcor Rigid Packasing - External Job Posting
Process Technician - 12 hours Shift Day
Performs a variety of duties necessary to monitor and maintain assigned productions lines operation in compliance of production quality and quantity standards.
Specific Responsibilities / Essential Functions
- Adheres to Amcor Rigid Plastics Safety and Quality policies and procedures.
- Monitor assigned lines operation while complying with safety, quality, production, and housekeeping standards by:
- Verifying operating conditions and settings against Process Set-up Sheet and Shop Order.
- Doing appropriate quality checks.
- Auditing the line for cleanliness and orderliness when your takeover from the previous shift.
- Maintain safety, quality and production standards by doing the following:
- Ensuring that safety guards are in place
- Monitoring the downstream auxiliary equipment to make sure it is not damaging bottles and is maintaining a smooth flow.
- Keeping the line clean and organized as your shift progresses.
- Maintain required documentation and read available documentation posted at the line (previous LOs checklists, Quality Alerts, Line Notes etc.).
- Start-up and Shut down lines (purge out materials)
- Perform color and material changes without supervision and assistance.
- Alert supervisor and appropriate personnel of any deviations from standard or normal operating conditions.
- Perform changeovers when needed.
- Replace without assistance or supervision normal equipment wear parts such as clevis pins, hydra bake, trim tooling, various belts, chains, LR4 valves, molds, etc.
- Troubleshoot most aspects of bottle handling problems.
- Perform a complete Preventive Maintenance audit on all equipment. Must be able to lubricate, inspect and record conditions of wear and tear.
- Inspect for mold wear.
- Sandblast molds when needed.
- Perform all mechanical and processing aspects of a line set-up and start-up (including setting pin height, pitch circles, verifying tooling against specs, measuring and inspecting tooling, programming bottle programmer, and setting downstream equipment etc.).
- Troubleshoot all aspects of bottle quality and bottle handling problems.
- Read and interpret bottle specification sheets and all quality data sheets.
- Perform head cleaning, screw cleaning, changing grinder blades, and normal equipment teardown and assembly.
- Assist with new product trials/sampling when needed.
- All other duties as assigned
Specific Responsibilities / Essential Functions-continued
JOB DESCRIPTION: Process Technician
- Performs all corrective/ preventive actions as well as effectiveness check as needed. These are communicated by the Quality Engineer/ Supervisor anytime there is a complaint.
- Understand and communicate customer complaints to other employees to create awareness of the different defects.
- Analyze dimensional attribute data to identify any trends or non-conformances
- Train other employees in areas of expertise when required
- Assists other job classifications when required
- Performs other related duties as directed by the quality assurance manager, supervisor or lead.
- Those employees with authorized training, have the ability to shut down / stop equipment if continued operation is a threat to any employees health and safety
- Recommend Staff stop production for unacceptable quality
- Recommend Staff quarantine out-of-specification products, materials or supplies
Job Specifications and Requirements
- Contact any member of Management without fear of reprisal concerning questions, suggestions, or complaints regarding quality, working conditions or job environment
- Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Some post-secondary education preferred (i.e. technical or vocational education)
- Must be able to read, write and speak and understand English.
- Most be motivated and possess a high attention to detail.
- Basic math, computer, and organizational skills
- Physical Requirements: This is a higher physical demand job
- Employees must be able to work overtime, weekends and nights.
- Frequently carry greater than 10 pounds up to 50 pounds; occasionally lift 100 pounds overhead with assistance.
- Employees are required to stand / walk on concrete floors.
- Employees are required to bend; turn / twist; kneel; squat; crawl; climb; reach out and up; turn wrist; grasp; pinch; and have finger manipulations.
- Required Safety Equipment:
- Each facility requires personal protective equipment and may require protective clothing. See site specific rules.
- Environmental Factors:
- Occasional exposures to noise of 85dB
- Occasional exposure to chemicals
- Occasional exposure to vibration, dust / fumes / gas, confined spaces, humidity
- Other Requirements:
- Ability to recognize and understand numbers and values. This includes entering information into an on-line database accurately.
- Ability to visually and mentally make priority decisions / judgement calls based on the situation at hand.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
This is purely an estimate in miles.
The calculations are based on your browser or device location service.