Location does not match your settings. (OH).
Your state: US, post is from OH, New Albany
Amcor Rigid Packaging- External Job Posting
Operator Trainee - Nightshift
New Albany, OH
- Perform preventative maintenance on ISBM/IM molds and machines. This includes cleaning the machine and the basement of the machine.
- Start up and shut down molding equipment in a safe manner. Make mechanical and system adjustments to machines to correct quality issues in the bottles and process out defects.
- Perform root cause analysis to determine true cause of machine issues.
- Must be willing and able to document all adjustments and changes to machinery.
- Perform quality checks on bottles per policy, documenting any and all issues in the quality system.
- Perform or assist with mold changes as needed.
- Participate in monthly online safety trainings and observation reporting.
- Must follow Amcors policies and procedures to ensure quality standards, product safety and good manufacturing practices are maintained as per company standards.
- Respect Amcor Rigid Plastics primary focus, that is to ensure the Safety” of all co-workers, temporary workers, contractors, and visitors granted access to the plant. Adhere to all safety guidelines.
- Experience operating, processing and making some mechanical adjustments to Injection Stretch Blow Molding (ISBM) and/or Injection Molding (IM) machines.
- Ability to visually and mentally make priority decisions/judgment calls based on the situation at hand.
- Able to effectively present information and to respond to questions from management.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are required including the ability to present information and respond in a group environment.
- Proficient hand-eye coordination to operate equipment.
- Continuous noise of 85dB.
- Frequent exposure to vibration, dust, heat, humidity.
- This is a medium to medium-high physical demand job.
- Lift/push/pull up to 2000 pounds 50 feet using a hydraulic hand jack (this is the equivalent of a static push/pull of approximately 70 pounds).
- Coworkers may be required to stand and/or walk up to 11 hours on a concrete floor.
- Coworkers are required to; bend, turn/twist; kneel; squat; crawl; climb; reach out and up; turn wrist; grasp; pinch; and have finger manipulations.
- Each facility requires personal protective equipment and may require protective clothing. See site specific rules.
Amcor encourages co-workers interested in career development to apply to roles for which they are qualified. As a part of the Internal Applicant Process, the HR Team may communicate with your manager to establish eligibility to apply for a new role. To be eligible a co-worker must have been in their current role at least 12 months, be in good standing, meaning you have good attendance, your last performance review was positive, you are not involved in progressive discipline or on a Performance Improvement Plan, and you are actively at work, and your immediate supervisor/manager approves.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
This is purely an estimate in miles.
The calculations are based on your browser or device location service.