Location does not match your settings. (DC).
Your state: US, post is from DC, Washington
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
We are seeking a National Correspondent to be stationed at Sinclairs Capitol Hill bureau. The winning candidate will be an experienced reporter who is also an excellent story teller. A correspondent working in the bureau is someone who has the energy and creativity to do compelling live shots, craft unique and visually engaging stories and is the ultimate team player. The person is creative, a strong writer, a good communicator, possess great live skills, and has solid news judgment.
- Reporting experience covering presidential campaigns, the White House, Capitol Hill, or other national political beats
- A record of developing and maintaining sources on both sides of the political aisle
- Creative vision, voice and impeccable editorial integrity
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced newsroom setting, adjust smoothly to changing assignments under deadline pressure
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments both short and long-term
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with all members of small team
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Flexible and able to handle multiple tasks
- Strong on-air and communication skills in breaking news coverage
- Write stories for air and digital platforms
- Regularly post content and engage with audiences on social media platforms
- Stay abreast of overnight developments on major political and national stories
- Communicate with bureau chief, via e-mail on in-person, stories in active development and pitches that can be turned that day
- Work with bureau chief and team members on how bureau resources will be used throughout the day
- Responsible for setting-up interviews for assignment. Self-reliant on Capitol Hill contact list. Works with other team members and bureau chief on gaps in contacts on individual story assignment
- Collaborate with editor/photographer on assignment including, but not limited to, pulling necessary file footage, sound and images for story assignment
- Clearly communicate with photographer story assignment and structure of the day
- Conduct insightful, engaging interviews with subjects with strong grasp of subject matter
- Log interviews and pick best sound for package(s)
- Meet daily deadline export time working with photographer
- Produce daily SOT tease
- Actively post to social media, works with photographer editor to post best SOT to social media
- Write daily web script
- Research stories including, but not limited to, seeking advance testimony of Capitol Hill hearings, reaching out to contact list for stories Sinclair can break, monitors news coverage of major national and political stories for unique angles to story
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
This is purely an estimate in miles.
The calculations are based on your browser or device location service.