Location does not match your settings. (PA).
Your state: US, post is from PA, Warminster
Sr. Quality Technician
SP Industries is searching for a dynamic, personable, and high energy Sr. Quality Technician looking to continue their next career challenge or advancement into a possible entry level Quality Engineer role who will join our growing team.
Location: This position will be based in Warminster, PA
The Sr. Quality Technician is a multi-skilled professional who, in support of and under the direction of quality engineers or supervisors, analyzes and solves quality problems, prepares inspection plans and instructions, selects sampling plan applications, prepares procedures. Knowledge of inspection methods and techniques, performs audits, analyzes quality costs and other quality data, performs and audits Factory Acceptance tests and applies fundamental statistical methods for process control.
Role and Responsibilities:
- 25% Support for Quality & Continuous Improvements & Workmanship Standards in Production
- Performs Internal Manufacturing Process Auditing to workmanship standards and the ISO 9001 QMS
- Documentation of production issues via Quality Alerts for communication, improvements & resolution
- Data driven review of design tolerances vs manufacturing application realization w/ Mfg. & Design Eng
- Establish correlation between observations discovered in MFG with Quality Lab/Supplier measurement data
- Perform Limited component retest evaluations for conformance to specification
- Assists in performing visual inspections of parts to sort for inventory for quarantine issues
- Identifies causes of rejects and follows-through for corrective action
- Documentation of production issues for communication and resolution
- Assists in establishing corrective actions to support meeting component CTQs
- 25% Dimensional Evaluation
- First Article Inspection (FAI) Measurements and preparation of FAI submittal packages
- Part measurement and validation during Deviation/Eng Trials
- Provide support to the Operations, Supplier Quality, and Engineering by utilizing our measurement and inspection capability.
- Participate in inspection procedure development based on blueprint GD&T, and equipment management activities (calibration activities and maintenance of dimensional measurement devices)
- 25% Material Review Board Nonconforming Material
- Oversees and leads the daily Material Review Board (MRB) areas, material transactions and related parts dispositions and inventory processes
- Monitors Parts arrivals/dispositions and organization
- Proficient process expert in electronic disposition and material transactions through the ERP system and Inventory Controls through the MRB Process
- Monitors and maintains accurate inventory transactions and investigates for errors
- Support Quality Engineering in root cause analysis and the creation of Corrective Action Documentation
- Communicates with the teams to compile listing with internal actions taken to prevent future occurrences
- 25% Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT)
- Performs Final FAT functional & operational tests and determines product acceptability and quality on a wide variety of complex mechanical/electronic components, pumps, compressors, valves, sensors, subassemblies and systems
- Follows test specifications, standard test procedures or general written or verbal instructions
- Performs the set-up, calibration, testing and troubleshooting of systems, components, instruments and mechanical assemblies
Skills and Experience:
- 5-10 years Quality, Dimensional Inspection and Functional Testing background in a manufacturing environment
- Comfortable performing physical 'on table' layout inspections of component parts utilizing inspection equipment such as: (Calipers, height gauges, laser measurements, gages, jo-blocks, step blocks etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret complex engineering drawings & understanding of electrical drawings
- Strong Knowledge and training in Manufacturing Workmanship standards, F.O.D, Torque, Welding, Wiring, hardware etc
- Welding process inspection, Non-Destructive Testing NDT and plus
- Experience with general pipe fittings, compression fittings a plus
- Copper tube braze welding and HVAC refrigerant systems knowledge a plus
- Experience working in a ISO 9001:2015 QMS environment
- Basic understanding of shop math, Problem solving skills 5-Why, Fishbone exposure to lean manufacturing
- Must be able to operate in an MS Windows environment, with experience in the MS Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Must be able to effectively communicate with fellow employees and external customers
Education and Qualifications:
- HS diploma required must have 5-10+ yrs. Industrial mechanical experience or combination of education and experience
- Vocational Trade School OR Associates Degree a plus
- Military Occupational Specialty (M.O.S) training in basic mechanical field, Aviation, Support Equipment, Maintenance: Veteran or National Guard status supported & can be considered a part of the 5-10yrs. Experience requirements
- ASQ Certified Quality Technician a major plus
- Experience with large HAVC, Welding, Industrial Equipment process products a plus
- Knowledge of quality testing of components and
- Able to work under pressure of deadlines while balancing strong decision-making and organizational skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to talk and listen.
- The employee is regularly required to use color vision and adjust focus between near and far objects.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb, crawl, bend and sit.
- The employee is regularly required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- The employee is occasionally required to work in tight spaces with difficult access.
- The employee is occasionally required to work from ladders, lifts or scaffolds.
- The employee is regularly required to handle tools utilizing various energy sources- low and high voltage, pneumatic, hydraulic -of low to high power.
The work environment characteristics described here are typical of those an employee might encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The shop contains mobile equipment, machinery, and high voltages.
- The shop noise level is variable and may require hearing protection in some areas.
- The shop is heated when required but many areas are not air conditioned.
As we continue to grow and provide leading edge products to our customers, we understand hiring the right people and treating them well is critical to our success. There are many exciting reasons to join the SP Team.
- We provide a wide range of innovative and high quality scientific products that improve people lives.
- We are customer-focused and value our teams expertise.
- We respect each other and foster a collaboration work environment.
- We innovate and are open to change.
- We are responsible and accountable and act with integrity.
- WE LIKE WHAT WE DO
SP Industries offers:
We are proud to provide a comprehensive benefits program focused on your total well-being.
EEO and Affirmative Action Statement:
- Competitive compensation package
- A robust health and welfare benefits package that includes: Life, Health, Dental, Vision
- The opportunity to plan for the future with a strong 401(K) including company match!
- Time to recharge with Paid Time Off annually + Paid Holidays
- Career Advancement opportunities and Tuition Assistance to help you achieve your goals and continue your career growth.
SP is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis and takes affirmative action to ensure equal employment opportunities. It is our policy to provide our employees and applicants with equal employment opportunities in accordance with applicable laws and not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, marital status, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, genetic information, political belief, pregnancy, citizenship, handicap or disability, status as a veteran or member of the U.S. military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SP's Affirmative Action Plan is available through the HR Department and may be accessed during normal business hours.Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision:
SP will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
This is purely an estimate in miles.
The calculations are based on your browser or device location service.