Location does not match your settings. (CA).
Your state: US, post is from CA, Lancaster
Under the Supervision of the Central Processing Manager, performs the duties of a Central Processing Technician and accepts and performs a wide variety of duties requiring a high degree of accuracy; provides technical and clerical assistance in planning, organizing, and controlling the work flow in order to maintain the services provided by the department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
A. General Duties
- Assembles (according to Physicians Preference Cards") and transports case carts to area of use
- Decontaminates, prepares, assembles, stores, and dispenses reusable equipment, inspects, prepares, assembles and wraps instrument trays
- Operates sterilization equipment
- Cleans and maintains equipment
- Maintains and monitors established quality control systems (Biological, chemical, mechanical)
- Orders, receives, inventories, stores, and dispenses sterile and non-sterile supplies and equipment
- Maintains aseptic working conditions within the department by daily cleaning and disinfecting of work surfaces
- Answers and places telephone calls to and from our customers
- Decontaminates reusable equipment by use of manufactures recommendation
- Assists in orientation and on-the-job training of new personnel
- Assists in the maintenance of records, reports, and department statistics
- Assists in monitoring quality control within the department
- Assists with inventory and ordering of stock and non-stock items
- Other miscellaneous duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of medical terminology and/or medical products/Surgical Instrumentation, generally acquired through one year of hospital experience at A.V.H. or a facility of comparable size and scope of service
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to assume additional departmental responsibilities such as:
- Orientation and on-the-job training of new personnel
- Monitoring on-going quality control measures within the department
- Administering and monitoring specific on-going projects within the department regarding supply levels, computer training, and equipment maintenance, etc
- Ability to learn basic Central Processing skills (medical terminology autoclave operation, wrapping techniques, instrument technology)
- Ability to learn inventory skills (ordering, restocking shelves, etc.)
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with internal and external customers
Core Competencies: All AVH employees will effectively demonstrate these behaviors:
Ethics & Values
Integrity & Trust
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or GED is required.
- Minimum six months experience in Central Processing and/or successfulcompletion of course work leading to certification as a Certified Registered Central Service Technician or Surgical Technologist required.
- One or more years Central Processing experience preferred.
- Sterile Processing Certification within 1 year
Required Licensure and/or Certifications:
A detailed description of the physical requirements of this job is maintained in the Employee Health Department.
Looking for an opportunity to work in healthcare the way you always dreamed you could? At Antelope Valley Hospital, our employees are at the heart of what we do best delivering high quality, patient-centered healthcare.
Antelope Valley Hospital, a 420 bed acute care facility, located just 60 miles north of Los Angeles, the Antelope Valley is one of Southern Californias fastest growing communities. We are a Level II Trauma Center and Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center Accredited. Serving the community for over 50 years, our non-profit hospital has grown to be the preeminent healthcare facility for our districts nearly 1.2 million residents.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
This is purely an estimate in miles.
The calculations are based on your browser or device location service.