This is a perfect opportunity for a highly motivated, highly organized individual who wants to make a difference in an organization. This position functions as a key member of the Finance team providing business insight and financial perspective. This pos
- Revenue recognition and processing of donations.
- All facets of the payroll process from preparation to W2/Tax Filing Administration as well as handling employee inquiries.
- All facets of an accounts payable system from set-up and maintenance of vendor files to printing of checks and 1099 reporting.
- Working across the organization on expense management.
- Preparing and entering journal entries and completing monthly reconciliations. Complete various schedules related to the annual audit and responsible for the preparation of Annual 990 Filing.
- Other functions as assigned.
Salary & Benefits
Salary will be based on experience. Benefits consist of medical, dental, life, Long and short term disability, 401(k), vacation, sick, and paid holidays.
Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, exempt position. Hours of work are minimally Monday through Friday 9-5.
- May require lifting up to 50 pounds.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- Highly motivated and highly organized, wanting to make a difference in the organization.
- An intermediate to advanced knowledge working with major accounting software packages for general ledger, accounts payable, and accounts receivable. (Blackbaud Financial Edge preferred),
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to work independently and collaboratively across the organization,
- Self-Starter - expected to work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of his/her work product.
- High level of business acumen.
Specific qualifications include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business Finance, CPA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years working in accounting, combined with a proven ability to accomplish defined goals and objectives.
- A high level of prioritization skills
- 3-5 years relevant experience in non-profit accounting (preferred, not required).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)/
- Superior analytic and abstract reasoning, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint.
- Highly motivated and highly organized self-starter who demonstrates the highest standards of integrity.
- Detail Oriented
- Comfort and desire to work with volunteers, donors, and families with children facing a serious illness.
Other Duties: This job description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job, and it may change at any time with or without notice.