DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of equipment and tools used in the duties noted below.
- Ability to operate equipment and tools in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to absorb training to improve or acquire the needed skills.
- Knowledge and skill to inspect, repair and adjust pumps, wells, hydrants, valves, water plant equipment, wastewater system equipment, water lines and wastewater lines.
- Knowledge and skill in the installation and repair of water meters.
- Knowledge and skill in taking samples of water and wastewater sewage and knowledge and skill in taking samples of water and wastewater sewage and process and analyze those in quality control of the finished product.
- Ability to properly inspect motors and pumps and to analyze need for repair or replacement.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, public officials and the public.
- Have a "D" certificate in wastewater or be willing to get certificate.
- Have a &ldquoC&rdquo certificate in water or be willing to get certificate.
- File all reports as required for water and wastewater to the state agencies.
- Have a valid Minn. Class B CDL (driver&rsquos license) with air brake endorsement or ability to obtain within probationary period.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Operate equipment including trucks, tractor, snow blower, power mower, chain saws (etc.) in the maintenance of the city's physical facilities including patching streets, cleaning streets, snowplowing, tree trimming, mowing and other maintenance work as required.
- Performs various preventative and corrective maintenance services on city equipment and vehicles to insure safe and proper operation.
- Operate various mechanic shop power equipment and hand tools.
- Maintain all city owned property, perform minor carpentry, paint and do minor repairs as necessary.
- Proper storage of out of season material.
- Perform daily checks on functioning of pumps, motors and related equipment in connection with wells, water pumping, wastewater system, public facilities and burn pile.
- Check for proper operation on pumps and pump controls.
- Check for correct injection and usage of water treatment chemicals such as fluoride, chlorine, etc.
- Identify maintenance needs and assist in performing maintenance and repair on pumps, motors, and other equipment related to pump station, filter plant and wastewater treatment ponds.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance such as lubrication, cleaning and replacement of expendable parts and materials.
- Participate in inspection, maintenance and repair of all water lines, wastewater lines, valves and water hydrants throughout the city.
- Flush storm and sanitary wastewater, clean storm catch basins.
- Set up schedule and flush all water hydrants.
- Perform routine testing of samples from water and wastewater.
- Replace water meters and make routine repairs. Read water meters on a quarterly basis.
- Work on occasion longer hours as needed to meet emergency needs and take comp time, avoiding overtime pay.
- Construct maps of water and wastewater lines and keep updated.
- Reports to City Council at regular meeting or at the council's request.
- Considerable ability to detect problems and respond appropriately.
EXAMPLES OF PERFORMANCE CRITERIA:
- Operating costs for maintenance are controlled within the limitations of the budget as planned.
- A positive and favorable public image is being maintained in the city relating to all phases of public works.
- Objective and priorities set for maintenance are being achieved as planned.
- Demonstrated ability to operate and maintain equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to perform tasks required to keep wastewater lines and lift station equipment in good operating condition.
- Follows established safety procedures to avoid personal injury and property loss.
- Demonstrated ability to perform tasks required to keep water lines, pumps and all equipment in good operating condition.
- Attends meetings and schools to meet requirements for license.
- Outdoor work in all kinds of weather, sometimes in awkward positions and dangerous places.
- Some abnormal hours for snow removal and emergencies.
- Heavy lifting at times.
- Working with hazards of fumes, machinery, climbing and excavation.
- Keeps the city council currently informed of any important developments which it will need to know to function effectively.
- Performs other duties and assumes other responsibilities as the need is apparent or as delegated.
FOR A MORE DETAILED LISTING OF JOB REQUIREMENTS/RESPONSIBILITIES/CONDITIONS PLEASE CONTACT THE MINNESOTA LAKE CITY OFFICE at email@example.com
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY 5:00 PM ON JUNE 24, 2021.
- Account EMail:
- Open: Fri, Jun 4th 2021
- Close: Sun, Jul 4th 2021
- Location: 103 Main Street Minnesota Lake, MN. 56068
- Job ID: 3696
- Eduction: High School