The Traffic Control Agent (TCA) is non-sworn employee of the Metropolitan Airports Commission (MAC) Airport Police Department serving the Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport (MSP).
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Safely direct the traffic flow in front of the terminal buildings, concourses and other areas at the MSP Airport.
- Respond to public requests for service.
- Identify and report criminal activities.
- Analyze customer situations and make decisions on circumstance and ordinances.
- Ensure public compliance with existing parking ordinances.
- Assist in traffic control at accidents and special events.
- Watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards.
- Maintain a consistent and unrelenting focus on safety throughout all job functions.
- Communicate effectively and work with difficult people under high stress situations.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including a uniform and reflective vest.
- High level of stamina to include standing and walking on cement and various surfaces for extended periods of time, possibly as much as 8-10 hours per day.
- Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions and environments with exposure to dust, dirt, and loud noises.
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid, state-issued driver&rsquos license with acceptable driving history
- One year previous customer service experience
- Ability to clearly communicate information to the public in a tactful and courteous manner
- Positive, safety-conscious attitude
- Currently certified or able to become certified in Standard Multimedia First Aid or equivalent level certification within 90 days of employment (will train upon hire)
- Ability to work outdoors (walk, stand, direct traffic, etc.) in all weather conditions for a prolonged period of time
- Ability to work non-traditional hours including nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as required
- Clear and articulate written and oral communication skills
- Candidates who are offered employment will be required to pass an extensive background check, obtain a MAC badge, and pass a medical examination