Location does not match your settings. (PA).
Your state: US, post is from PA, Warminster
Electrical Assembly Technician
Assemble, wire and install electrical panels and control enclosures under minimal supervision while following drawings, schematics, procedures and other written documentation. Integrate and wire electrical systems in machinery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and assemble various segments of electro-mechanical systems and sub-assemblies under the direction of the immediate supervisor.
- Interpret and use electrical schematics, drawings, process procedures and other written documentation to complete preparation and assembly of components.
- Ability to work with various control applications including but not limited to: servos, AC/DC motors and drives, and pneumatics.
- Ability to solder as required.
- Ability to work with various voltages, including high voltage applications (440VAC).
- Test, trouble shoot and diagnose electrical systems as required.
- Ability to use basic diagnostic tools such as multimeters.
- Assist in the preparation of equipment for testing.
- Interact in a professional manner with customers/end users during testing phase of equipment.
- Meet documented specification requirements and quality standards in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Maintain a neat, clean and organized work area.
- Suggest changes for improved operations and cost savings.
- Complete paperwork accurately and in a timely manner as required in the manufacturing process such as: Time and Attendance Sheets, Assembly Routers, Non-conformance Records and Test Records.
- Follow all safety policies, precautions, recommendations and procedures as may be applicable.
- Assist other production departments or operations areas based on workloads and needs. Assist in other non-production areas as may be required by supervision and management.
- Follow all company policies, procedures and work instructions in compliance with SP's Quality Management System.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, and Skills
- High School graduate or GED.
- Technical School a plus.
- Minimum 5 years electro-mechanical building required.
- A knowledge of CGMP practices relative to the pharmaceutical industry a plus.
- PLC experience a plus but not necessary.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is regularly required to use color vision and adjust focus between near and far objects.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb, crawl, bend and sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to work from ladders, scaffolds, and lifts.
- Some work is performed in tight spaces with difficult access.
- The employee is regularly required to lift up to 50 lbs.
- The employee is regularly required to handle tools utilizing various energy sources- low and high voltage, pneumatic, hydraulic.
The work environment characteristics described here are typical of those an employee might encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The shop contains mobile equipment, machinery, and high voltages.
- The shop noise level is variable and may require hearing protection in some areas.
- The shop is heated and air conditioned when necessary.
EEO and Affirmative Action Statement:
- Basic electrical hand tools:
- Metric and standard wrench set
- Metric and standard socket set (Basic ¼” and 3/8” drive set)
- Wire strippers, cutters, crimpers
SP is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis and takes affirmative action to ensure equal employment opportunities. It is our policy to provide our employees and applicants with equal employment opportunities in accordance with applicable laws and not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, marital status, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, genetic information, political belief, pregnancy, citizenship, handicap or disability, status as a veteran or member of the U.S. military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SP's Affirmative Action Plan is available through the HR Department and may be accessed during normal business hours.Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision:
SP will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
This is purely an estimate in miles.
The calculations are based on your browser or device location service.