The Chatham County Family Justice Center Victim's Advocate will work in coordination with and under the direction of the FJC Director to ensure efficient and effective operation of the Program, which provides comprehensive service and support to domestic violence and sexual assault victims in Chatham County, giving victims access to services under one roof.
1. Conduct initial client intake interviews, by telephone and in person. Manage incoming calls and walk-ins and complete necessary documentation.
2. Assess immediate crisis needs of clients and address appropriately. Identify services needed and coordinate services provided with other community partners.
3. Complete and maintain client records that document services provided.
4. Educate clients about dynamics of domestic violence and sexual assault and options/resources available.
5. Work with clients to develop and maintain relevant, manageable and meaningful case plans. Provide concrete case management and access to in-house and external resources. Meet regularly with clients to support case plan accomplishment.
6. Maintain communication with client and other community partners and agencies to help client access necessary services.
1. General office duties including organizing files, document management, phones
2. Attend any necessary trainings and conferences
3. Proven passion and compassion for working with domestic violence and sexual assault victims.
4. Excellent oral and written communication.
A Bachelor's Degree in human services, counseling or related field or equivalent work experience. Must work well with persons of varied sexual preference, racial, ethnic, cultural, socioeconomic backgrounds and with individuals who are differently-abled. Awareness or training of relationship violence, child abuse, stalking and sexual abuse and assault preferred. Knowledge of counseling and advocacy techniques for people who have been victims of domestic violence, including crisis intervention and case management skills beneficial. Previous employment or volunteer work in human services, counseling, community agencies or other related nonprofit or social change organization is a plus.
Earned leave days (sick and annual) and paid holidays
Benefits: Medical for employee
All candidates are subject to background check.
Your login session will expire in about 5 minutes.
Save your work or post your form now.
Alert Notice time 7:02 PM
Today Jul 4, 2020