Location does not match your settings. (CA).
Your state: US, post is from CA, San Diego
About Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500 professionals in more than 60 offices worldwide. PCGs Human Services practice helps state, county, and municipal human services agencies to achieve their performance goals in order to better serve populations in need. PCGs seasoned professionals offer proven solutions to help agencies design programs, services, and systems; increase program revenue; cut costs; and improve regulatory compliance with state and federal regulations. To learn more, visit http://www.publicconsultinggroup.com/humanservices/.
PCG is seeking a highly motivated and dependable Placement Coordinator with an interest in public service who can work in our San Diego, California, CalWORKs Welfare-to-Work/Refugee Employment Services operation. The Placement Specialist will be responsible for matching job-ready program participants with open positions. PCG's Placement Specialist will also manage the Work Experience (WEX) program for the participants, including completing any management and/or county reports related to the WEX program.
Provide Placement Coordinator support to PCG's Central and South locations:
- Match clients with employment opportunities in the local community and place appropriate clients in available positions with the focus on Refugee population.
- Approve ‘job-ready' clients into the applicant pool.
- Run the application program for Job Development and Work Experience (Paid and Unpaid WEX) and Expanded Subsided Employment program opportunities (creating job descriptions, alerting Employment Training Advisors (ETAs) and other PCG team members, etc.).
- Maintain updated tracking tools for Placements: Work Experience, Expanded Work Experience, Expanded Subsidized Employment and JPS.
- Conduct reporting for Expanded Subsidized Employment, WEX and Expanded Subsidized WEX)
- Conduct screening and interviews for available job opportunities.
- Provide feedback to ETAs on all candidates who interview for available job opportunities.
- Provide ETAs with resources on job development and industry trends in the communities.
- Maintain frequent communication and feedback with Business Services Team Lead and WEX and/or direct hire employers.
- Maintain frequent communication and feedback with ETAs and Business Services Team Lead as it pertains to job openings and job candidates.
- Create and submit all reports and paperwork.
- Collaborate with Employment Training Instructor (ETI) to identify high potential, new clients for relevant placement.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of and communication with the county's one-stop career center seminars and provide information to participants.
- Maintain contact with each client placed in employment on a monthly basis.
- Maintain communication with employment organizations and educational programs where CalWORKs participants are located.
- Serve as the Expanded Subsidized Employment liaison
- Provide Support to all members of the JPS team
- Assist in providing Orientations, presentation and workshops as needed
This is purely an estimate in miles.
The calculations are based on your browser or device location service.