MnWorks.Net Jobs Reminders
Remember to sign in to view contact information and to boost your activity score!
Select your state by clicking on the button link at the top of any page.
United States of America
Location does not match your settings. (NJ).
Your state: US, post is from NJ, Teterboro
Entry Level Processor - Teterboro, NJ req45325
The SPT I is responsible for general support functions within the Specimen Processing Department. This position requires passing a data entry assessment. Functions performed may include but are not limited to data entry of test orders, presort, pickup and delivery of processed specimens to the laboratory, centrifugation and aliquoting. Department is a production environment, with emphasis on productivity/quality standards and departmental completion times. All functions must be performed with confidence, accuracy and in a timely manner. Job is complex and requires that employee have good organization skills and ability to learn and understand specimen types related to test(s) ordered by client. The SPT I must have the ability learn and understand the compliance regulations related to test ordering which may change on a daily basis. This position is critical to quality for customer satisfaction. Additionally, since many changes do occur from day to day, great flexibility on the part of the SPT I is required. Majority of SPT I work, on the nightshift, but based on staffing needs weekends, holidays, on call and overtime is a requirement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Able to perform all responsibilities of the Specimen Preparation Assistant
- Demonstrates an ability to learn the job duties assigned to the SPT I, and develops an understanding of how all the functions in Specimen Processing fit together
- Identifies problems and in some cases, may resolve issues with specimen types such as missing information etc.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the compliance policies related to test ordering, which requires developing ability to research test ordering information on translation tables, computer system, and the directory of services
- Meets standards for production and accuracy within 6 months
- Understands the complex relationship between test(s) ordered and specimen received
- Completes all required written documentation, legibly and within the assigned timeframe
- Meets or exceeds all performance expectations to include attendance, adherence to work schedule and demonstrates Quest values and behaviors through work performance and peer and team interaction
- Is open to learning additional functions within Specimen Processing to allow timely progression to the next level
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Medical background preferred which includes medical terminology applicable to a clinical laboratory
- Previous experience in a production environment preferred
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Position requires data background with abilities to enter 6,000 alphanumeric keystrokes/hour
- Works in a biohazard environment, practicing good safety habits
- Able to sit or stand for long periods
- Handles multiple tasks simultaneously and works in a production environment
- Communicates effectively with all levels of staff
- Maintains composure while working under pressure
- Reflects good judgment at all times when determining what action to take when resolving problems
- Adheres to Quest Diagnostics core values, safety and compliance policies and procedures
- Keeps work area neat and clean
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills that foster a positive environment.
- Demonstrates flexibility and ability to adapt to change
This is purely an estimate in miles.
The calculations are based on your browser or device location service.
This page is provided via our job aggregate program feature.
This specific page offered by our CareerBuilder.Com Interface.
We provide API (Application Program Interface) solutions to assist you with more similar job openings not yet listed directly with us.
We would like to think every job post is 100% honest and real but we can't.
If you click the apply now link you should be aware you are living our website for another.
Before you leave here's a few tips and information you should have.
The DO NOT of Online Job Applications and Job Boards.
- Never give your Social Security Number.
- Never Pay if you are a job seeker.
- Never Pay or Buy a "How To" or "Work from Home" job seekers or job guide.
- Never agree to anything in writing until you see a valid job offer.
Learn more in the community pages.
- Find suggestions, tips and ideas
- Learn different ways
- Interact with the community
- Processes that help
Session Timeout Alert!
Your login session will expire in about 5 minutes.
Save your work or post your form now.
Alert Notice time 1:00 PM
Today Jul 16, 2020