Under contract with Albuquerque Area Indian Health Service, produced reports to U.S. Congress on health care needs of Native Americans. Consultant to various Native American tribes, and New Mexico Department of Health. Built health care facilities and programs. Work included project development, oversight & financing successful grant writing federal grant administration and reports, administrative capacity development and staff training.
- Practitioner of Oriental Medicine in Integrative Medicine Clinic serving 8,000 tribal members.
- Completed the Albuquerque Area Indian Health Service and Facilities Master Plans for six Service Units including 25 tribes, 25,000 people, and 16 facilities. Facilitated meetings and conducted research with tribes, Indian Health Boards, and medical / administrative staff to prioritize health care needs for 2006 situation and projected to year 2015. Produced report for U.S. Congress to articulate unmet health care needs in Native American communities in Southwestern U.S.
- Navigated the process for AZ tribal health department to acquire Public Health Accreditation, and assume operations for all ambulatory and behavioral health care.
- Wrote handbooks with protocols and policies on clinical procedures and Infectious Control for tribal Health Department overall, and Operating Handbook for the Integrative Medicine Clinic.
- Trained staff in quality improvement, operations and capacity development in health care delivery systems management, protocols, policies, services, and administration.
- Overall project management, including design, development and financing of a $6.5 million, 13,000 sq. ft. health facility with attached 8,200 sq. ft. dialysis center.
- Date: January 16 2018
- Location: Albuquerque, NM
- You'll need an Employers or Recruiters / Staffing agencies membership account and have published at least one active job with us before you can contact Celia.
- Resume collection is forbidden unless you have published at least one job announcement.